IP NAT Statement

RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
Hi All,

I am trying to add a NAT statement to my Cisco 1760 ADSL Router which has its Dialer Interface set to "ip address negotiated" meaning it dynamically picks up an ip address from the ISP which pretty much only changes when I power cycle the device.

I am trying to NAT my CCTV system which sits on the LAN and supports http/80/www.

I am adding the following commands but it does not seem to be working:

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.254 86.160.*.* extendable (Didnt work)

ip nat inside source list 101 tcp 8080 86.160.*.* 8080 extendable
access-list 101 permit tcp any host 86.160.*.* eq 8080 log
access-list 101 deny ip any any
interface dialer 1
ip access-group 101 in

Can anyone help or assist?

Comments

• CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How about:
    ip nat inside source list 101 interface dialer 1 overload

Don't forget, you have to enable NAT on those interfaces too. Ex:
    int fa0/0
    > ip nat inside

int dialer 1
    > ip nat outside

Maybe your access-list conflicts with the "dialer" interface. You know you don't have to actually apply it to an interface for NAT right? This is just my attempt at answering your question because I don't even know what a "dialer" interface is, nor do I know what the "extendable" keyword does.

One other possibility: Maybe you need to specify the destination port as 80 and not 8080. Sorry I can't be of more help. Is that the port your CCTV system uses?
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    I think you just need to set your nat statement to overload nat to the dialler interface. This will use whatever ip the dialler currently has. You definitely don't need to apply the access list to the interface.

I don't see why you would need the extendable keyword either, as there is no ambiguity in your statement.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]