Options

Peering question

gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
Hi guys,

Is it possible to get IP transit service from multiple IPS via peering fabric. Multiple customer peer via a Layer2 switch so there is no special configs. Basically all customers are on the same production VLAN. Once of our customers wants IP transit thru his peering connection. Is this possible?

Not sure if I explained myself clear. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
you'll never get it done"

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gaby_978 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Is it possible to get IP transit service from multiple IPS via peering fabric. Multiple customer peer via a Layer2 switch so there is no special configs. Basically all customers are on the same production VLAN. Once of our customers wants IP transit thru his peering connection. Is this possible?

Not sure if I explained myself clear. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
    sounds like you are looking for vpls. as far as " from multiple IPS via peering fabric" i have not seen that but you could get multiple vpls services aggregated into a single or multiple L2/L3 aware CE devices. This design itself has to alot of caveats and i would suggest drawing it out before going too far down this road.

i would suggest looking at definitive mpls design book.

I also wanted to know what kind of service are you trying to provide? remote data center, etc?
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons