Options

Company paying for Network+ exam...

infamousinfamous Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
My employer agreed to pay for my Network+ exam which I passed in early February. However I'm interviewing for another job soon and if I get this job would obviously leave my current employer, most likely before June.

What I want to know is do you guys this I should go ahead and have them pay for my certification even if I end up leaving within the next 2 months or should I be ethical and just eat the cost of the exam?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    infamous wrote:
    My employer agreed to pay for my Network+ exam which I passed in early February. However I'm interviewing for another job soon and if I get this job would obviously leave my current employer, most likely before June.

What I want to know is do you guys this I should go ahead and have them pay for my certification even if I end up leaving within the next 2 months or should I be ethical and just eat the cost of the exam?

Personally, I would not feel good about letting them pay for it if I knew I was leaving. I know I have had co-workers who just did not care and did it anyway.

My thought is that any job I ever had is a priviledge (like it or not) and my attitude and performace needs to stand on its own.

So, I vote for just pay it yourself, because the certificate benefits you not necessarily the company (as it stays with you regardless where you work).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    xetrevxetrev Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    get them to pay for it, your work would fire you on the spot and not give you a 2 week notice. or "let you go". I just had my work pay for my MCP exam and i hope to leave ASAP
  • Options
    BigO1120BigO1120 Member Posts: 110
    Never burn any bridges!!! You never know when you might need to come back to the company in case everything else doesn't work out. I know when I left the company I am currently working for right now I made sure that I didn't burn any bridges. All of a sudden, things didn't work out for me in NYC and now I'm back with the same company but within a different department.

You never know when you will come back!!!!!!
    A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bigo1120 wrote:
    Never burn any bridges!!! You never know when you might need to come back to the company in case everything else doesn't work out.[/b]

Bigo1120, that was well said. It's always a good thing to never burn any bridges. Even if you don't come back to that company you will always know that you could use them as a resource in the future. It's all about networking. It's not what you know it's who you know and I'll stand by that because it's the truth and I have learned it the hard way through past experiences.