Options

failed 70-680, thinking of taking 70-685 instead

eldy123eldy123 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I did not pass the 70-680 a last December and decided to leave studying for a while.

At that time I purchased the Microsoft Examination pack for 2 exams with Second Shot which expire at end of June 2011.

I dont think Ill have time to study the 70-680 exam again by that date and have just obtained the Microsoft 70-685 book from work. I managed to breeze through the first two chapters in just a few hours !

It felt like I was studying for my A+ again ?

Is this book all I need to take the 70-685 exam? This book seems much lighter than than the 70-760 book. So is it easier than the 70-680 exam in that there is less to learn as well?

if so Ill concentrate on the 685 as Im sure ill get the studying completed by end of June.

Im a technical support analyst by the way so maybe thats why it felt so easy to study it today.

Comments

• Options
    Repo ManRepo Man Member Posts: 300
    The 70-685 is easier since it doesn't have deployment questions. If you're on a time crunch and support Win 7 you can pass it with a few weeks of heavy studying IMO.
  • Options
    Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eldy123 wrote: »
    Hi,

I managed to breeze through the first two chapters in just a few hours !

It felt like I was studying for my A+ again ?

I felt exactly the same until the 70-685 suddenly started talking about EFS certificates, Active-X controls and backing up BitLocker. It does get harder and also less interesting. The MS training kit I'm using doesnt do a lot to make it more fun, i.e. it's kinda dry.

I'm in danger of losing interest in this one just like the 70-680. Somehow the A+ seemed a lot more immediate and less like a chore. Maybe I'm just not destined to be a Win 7 admin, I don't know. Maybe I just need a break from studying. I find after reading the MS stuff I'm struggling with the practice questions whereas after reading the A+ stuff I could always come up with some good answers to the questions. The A+ material just stuck in my brain a lot better.
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    I feel the same way. I took and passed my A+ and Net+ exams quite easily, and felt they had relevant information. The 70 680 studying I've been doing is killing me, so I think I'll back off from it a bit and look into something else. Can anyone suggest a good exam for someone who is a SOHO user of Windows and a hardware technician?
  • Options
    Ed1975Ed1975 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone suggest a good exam for someone who is a SOHO user of Windows and a hardware technician?

I'd also be interested to hear about this :) CompTIA should offer an advanced A+.
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    Ed1975 wrote: »
    I'd also be interested to hear about this :) CompTIA should offer an advanced A+.

Completely agree..or at least get MS to make a A+ type exam for their OS. Half of what we have to learn for MS exams we will never use again in our line of work.