Options

Do job requirements tend to differ state to state?

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
For example, the requirements for a job in Ohio vs. the requirements for that same job in another state, say California. Does anyone know if the requirements in a bigger state would tend to be a bit higher, or are they relatively the same?

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    they are all the same the only diff would be the cost of living consideration when thinking about income.. for example someone living in lets say AL wouldn't survive with the same income living in lets say CA icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Yeah, I've already taken that into consideration. You can usually tell when the tech support jobs in bigger cities pay what would be considered "a lot" where I live now. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I lived & worked in SC & MI & requirments were the same & so was pay.
  • Options
    That's good news. At least I don't have to worry about that when considering where to look for work. Maybe I'll just get a map of the U.S., blindfold myself, and pick someplace.

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    /usr wrote:
    That's good news. At least I don't have to worry about that when considering where to look for work. Maybe I'll just get a map of the U.S., blindfold myself, and pick someplace.

icon_wink.gif

Well, you're from OH already, so I guess saying Dayton sucks would be an understatement...........nothing personal, it's a work thing.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I want to move, for sure. To be honest, I don't even care what state I live in or how far away I move. My only requirements are that the job market be fairly decent and that there is a lot of stuff to see and do.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    /usr wrote:
    I want to move, for sure. To be honest, I don't even care what state I live in or how far away I move. My only requirements are that the job market be fairly decent and that there is a lot of stuff to see and do.

Lots to see here.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ATL is the place or Dallas, TX
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons