Options

Chipset, CMOS v BIOS

IT-TechIT-Tech Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to find out clear understanding regarding the followig:

1-Chipset
2-CMOS v BIOS

Please explain each of the above in details and which is harware(tangible) and which of them is software......

Thanks in advance for all your feedbacks...........

Comments

• Options
    galorybergaloryber Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I never really pinned the CMOS vs BIOS down as a difference until I watched professor messers video on it. As I understood if from him, CMOS is the actual chip, and BIOS would be considered the software on it. Here's the videos

CompTIA A+ 220-701 - BIOS and CMOS - Part 1 of 4 | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training

If you haven't watched these yet, I just started, and though it seems a little vague starting out, I see things getting more and more in depth.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    IT-Tech wrote: »
    I would like to find out clear understanding regarding the followig:

1-Chipset
    2-CMOS v BIOS

Please explain each of the above in details and which is harware(tangible) and which of them is software......

Thanks in advance for all your feedbacks...........

How about explaining to us what you know?

It sounds right now like you want someone to do your homework. The definitions themselves are easy, so help us to understand what you specifically NEED to understand.

What books do you have to reference? (Meyers, Sybex, etc..)
    What other resources do you have available to you?

Thanks
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?