Options

WebDAV on Server 2008 R2 - Not authenticating

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm having some issues settingthis up and I am fairly sure it is my own fault.

I have installed WebDAV and configured the authoring rules for all users to 'Allow' and the path to *.

I can browse the site in IIS without any problems but when I try to map it as a drive in explorer I am prompted to login. I enter my domain admin creds and I am again prompted to login, etc...

Any suggestions as to what I may have missed?

I have already read:
Installing and Configuring WebDAV on IIS 7 : WebDAV for IIS 7.0 : Publishing Content to Web Sites : The Official Microsoft IIS Site
And a few technet forum posts... Nothing has helped.

Edit: Ok, I can map the drive to a non-FQDN so http://server-name/ works but http://server-name.domain.net does not work.

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    First stab:

I'm sure you've already confirmed this, but is there an actual A record (or CNAME, or whatever) for server-name in the domain.net zone? Do you get the same response and same IP when you lookup "servername" as you do looking up "servername.domain.net"?

Is the IIS site bound to use the "servername" host header and not "servername.domain.net"?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    blargoe wrote: »
    First stab:

I'm sure you've already confirmed this, but is there an actual A record (or CNAME, or whatever) for server-name in the domain.net zone? Do you get the same response and same IP when you lookup "servername" as you do looking up "servername.domain.net"?

Is the IIS site bound to use the "servername" host header and not "servername.domain.net"?
    Yup, I RDP to it using FQDN all the time. It has a C-Name entry of builds.domain.com (which is what people will be accessing) and this works like magic. But server-name.domain.net (internally we use domain.net) does not work and that's what I was testing as the parent company's IS had not made the c-name at that time. Wasted over an hour... But all is working.