Options

Introduction

SNESChalmersSNESChalmers Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce myself. Right now, I work with Cisco DWDM equipment, but am taking on some additional responsibilities in the R&S realm.

I plan on sitting for the CCNA composite test in about a month. I have already taken the Global Knowledge CCNA Bootcamp about eight months ago. I was studying for awhile, but then got busy and so just got back on track. I've been reading the GK materials and I just built myself a test lab here at work with some old gear that we had laying around. I'm still pretty unfamiliar with the router cards. I might add a few more pieces, but this is what I have so far:

2x1750
2621XM
-WIC 1T
-WIC 1DSU T1
-VIC2-2E/M
-WIC 1DSU T1
-WIC 1T
-VIC2-2E/M
-EN
--WIC 1DSU T1
3560-24 PoE
3560-48
3560-24

Now I do want to say that I have been reading about topologies and have gone through the FAQ already.

I plan on using the 1750s as hosts. I have the serial cards connected and I wish I had more, but I don't. We barely use serial connections as it is. We have a bunch of T1 CSU/DSU cards laying around since we don't use those much anymore as well. I'm guessing that those are Ethernet ports on the VIC2-2E/M cards, but I'm not positive. I think I should be able to find some more of those if I hunt around. I also know that we have some 2800s that aren't being used and possibly a 3700 that I can use as well. We also have lots of 3550s and 3560s sitting around collecting dust, so adding switches won't be a problem.

I saw some topologies with a three routers connected in a frame relay mesh, but I don't have the serial interfaces to do that. It looks like I'll have to connect them with a mixture of Ethernet and T1. My options are pretty limited since the majority of the routing in our network is done either in the core or on Metro Ethernet switches. So we don't have many of the smaller routers laying around.

Does anyone have any tips for topologies or suggestions for any other cards that I should obtain? From what I was reading, what I have is more than sufficient for the CCNA, since these aren't bottom-of-the-barrel switches and routers.

Comments