Options

MCTS 70-680 tips

tonyabrhmtonyabrhm Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey,

I am taking the 70-680 exam in about a month and i'm looking for some info about the exam. I have the books and have the CBT nuggets on the exam.

I was just wondering how hard the actual exam is? How will in benefit me in the future? The usual stuff really...

I would like to think of myself as somewhat technical - but after getting up to the imaging section on the nuggets I will admit I was starting to get a bit lost!

Any information would be a great help,

Thanks alot!

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the forums!

The exam is quite hard, not what you might expect from a client exam. But then again if you have been supporting Windows 7 for a good length of time, it shouldnt be too much of an issue. Depends on your experience with the Os, really.

As for it being beneficial for you in the future, only you can tell. What OS do you work with at work? Do you want to be supporting end-users/doing deployments or do you want to work on servers?

I am not sure how you are studying for the test, but have you got a lab/test computer you can play with it? Are you familiar with virtualisation? If you are, build some VM's, throw Win 7 on them and perhaps have a 2008 R2 OS and lab it as much as you can. The best way to learn things at home, IMO.

Good luck!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    tonyabrhmtonyabrhm Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey!

Thanks for your reply Essendon.

I do use Windows 7 at work but I would hold my hands up after watching the CBT nuggets and say I am novice! However, I have a fair bit of experience with virtualisation. I have already started creating with a reference image for XP and plan on deploying this to various machines using a WDS server. I am in the process of creating an answer file to automate the installation on the machines.

I am on the right track? As much info as you can spare would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.
  • Options
    pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
    Professor Messer has around 20 hrs of video content on the 70-680 exam. There is a lot to learn on the deployment side of things if you are new to that. I would suggest reading up on the 70-686 material as well as it contains a good dose of deployment technology, this would assist in your preperation.

Good luck!
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Check out the threads over on the Windows 7 exams forum. I put together a resource guide for the beta exam a couple of years ago that is now a sticky post to which the community keeps adding better information.
  • Options
    wood299wood299 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get your hands on the exam cram book. I skimmed over it this weekend and found some of the practice questions at the end of the chapters to be in line with some on the test. With CBT nuggets.. try to read between the lines as much as possible.. also use professor messer cause CBT nuggets gets kinda boring.. but they are basically the same reiteration of the MS Press book. Also Technet will be your friend. Study that also..