Options

Public folder management Role Group

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone Im doing this lab exercise in the MS Press Book on Chapter 6 for those who have the book on page 264.

This is the lab exercise:

Exercise2:

In this exercise you remove Don Hall from the recipient Management Builtin Role group and add him to the public folder management bultin role group.You then use the EMS to verify that Don cannot modify mailbox settings but can manage public folder settings.you need to have completed Exercise 1 before attempting this exercise 1 before attempting this exercise:

1.If necessary log on to the domain controler VAN-DC1 with kim Akers account and the password.

2.Refer to procedure you used in Exercise 1 to add the Don Hall account to the recipient management role group.use the same tools to remove the don hall account from the recipient management role group and add it to the public folder management role group.

3.Log on to the exchange server 2010 VAN-EX1 as Don Hall and open the EMS from the microsoft exchange server 2010 menu enter the following command:

New-PublicFolder -Name "Don Hall Public Folder"

After I place the command in I get the following ERROR:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>New-PublicFolder -Name"Don Hall Public Folder"
>>
[PS] C:\Windows\system32>New-PublicFolder -Name "Don Hall Public Folder"
Failed to commit the change on the object because access is denied. See inner exception for more information.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [New-PublicFolder], MapiAccessDeniedException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : 9BDD94D8,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.MapiTasks.NewPublicFolder

See I understand obviously there is a permission issue I have also successfully followed what exercise 1 said and completed it without errors but for some reason its giving me an error on the EMS on the last step where I place in the command.

If anyone can give a hint in right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks.