Options

job screening tips

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright I found a summer position in IT customer support and I have to go to student employment services (SES) to do the job screening. Well the intern in the SES called the secretary into her office, told her some stuff, and then the secretary came to me and started to ask me if I'm familiar with virus removal. Well there wasn't anything about virus removal for the position. I've been screened before and not been supported for a reference by them before, just because I didn't have a skill that wasn't required.

The thing about it is that I'm not sure how to handle this one. I don't want to tell them that they don't know what they're talking about if they start asking me a bunch of skills that aren't really related to the position like virus removal. I'm thinking about bringing my flash drive with me to show them my resume so they can have a better idea about my skills.

So does anyone have any tips for reducing my chances of not being selected during the job screening? I think I do have a chance at this job because I had to support teachers via phone, email, and face to face for blackboard 8. I'm pretty sure the help desk people will train me on what I need to do.

The good part about this is that I have met the person that I will be interviewing with if I pass the screening. I know two people that have worked under him. There is a strong chance that he knows my old supervisor (a ton of staff members know her at school). I'm going to try to play this to my advantage.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****