Options

WGU Financial Aid

Raidersfan81Raidersfan81 Member Posts: 124
I talked to my enrollment counselor today on the phone and he told me that they don't go by your previous college work to determine financial aid eligibility. He said you start a brand new SAP once you begin, but I find that hard to believe, but I may be wrong.

I don't think I have 67% percent completion ratio needed as it states in their SAP policy. 8 years ago or so I was young and stupid and never dropped 2 semesters worth of courses at my community college and took 5 F's and 5 W's which puts my completion ratio very low. Since, I've have got nothing but A's and B's totaling about 30 units.

My current completion ratio is 89 Attempted and 42 completed which puts me at roughly 47 percent.

Does WGU's financial aid department look at your previous college work or does the college just want your Transcripts to determine if you have any transferable classes that you can wipe off your list of what you need to take?

Anybody with some information on their Financial Aid or who has dealt with getting FA there, I would really appreciate some help.

Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    ArmymanisArmymanis Member Posts: 304
    briandy81 wrote: »
    I talked to my enrollment counselor today on the phone and he told me that they don't go by your previous college work to determine financial aid eligibility. He said you start a brand new SAP once you begin, but I find that hard to believe, but I may be wrong.

I don't think I have 67% percent completion ratio needed as it states in their SAP policy. 8 years ago or so I was young and stupid and never dropped 2 semesters worth of courses at my community college and took 5 F's and 5 W's which puts my completion ratio very low. Since, I've have got nothing but A's and B's totaling about 30 units.

My current completion ratio is 89 Attempted and 42 completed which puts me at roughly 47 percent.

Does WGU's financial aid department look at your previous college work or does the college just want your Transcripts to determine if you have any transferable classes that you can wipe off your list of what you need to take?

Anybody with some information on their Financial Aid or who has dealt with getting FA there, I would really appreciate some help.

Thank You.

I am asking the recruiter basically almost the same question, but making sure they accept FAFSA for payment for tuition.
  • Options
    j938j938 Member Posts: 101

Thank You.

They will just want your transcript so they can determine what will transfer in.

You dont have to worry about SAP until you have enrolled into WGU and you did not meet SAP of 57% or higher in which I believe now if you dont meet it you will be put on suspension instead of probation as a term earlier they would put you on probation.

Theres more information on their site and for the WGU link in this forum as well.
    Growth is limited.
  • Options
    j938 wrote: »
    They will just want your transcript so they can determine what will transfer in.

You dont have to worry about SAP until you have enrolled into WGU and you did not meet SAP of 57% or higher in which I believe now if you dont meet it you will be put on suspension instead of probation as a term earlier they would put you on probation.

Theres more information on their site and for the WGU link in this forum as well.

It's 67% from what I read, but do you mean I don't have to worry about my previous work from community colleges when it comes to dealing with their SAP?
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    SAP only counts for classes taken at WGU. They do not average in coursework from prior universities.

Keep in mind that WGU doesn't make the rules for financial aid, the federal government does. The rules at WGU will be the same as the rules at any other university.

I screwed up and was put on financial aid suspension several years ago. To get it back, I had to complete a full term at my own expense. If you are already on suspension somewhere else, enrolling at WGU will not automatically end the suspension.
  • Options
    eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SAP only effects you AFTER your at WGU (end of term). Your prior coursework is only for transfering in credits. My community college record is bad. I dropped a few classes due to adjunct not knowing the coursework and even dropped an entire semester because they billed me before I could pick a final class, was also the last time I attended there.
  • Options
    j938j938 Member Posts: 101
    It's 67% from what I read, but do you mean I don't have to worry about my previous work from community colleges when it comes to dealing with their SAP?

That was a typo when I said 57% lol late nights.

Exactly what eansdad said
    Growth is limited.
  • Options
    Does anybody know what the CoA (Cost of Attendance) at WGU is?? I've read what the tuition is per 6 months, but does financial aid cover anything else??

I noticed most traditional colleges cover for Living, school supplies and such. Just wondering if there would be any extra money after paying for the Tuition to maybe get a new computer for my classes?

I can't find the CoA anywhere at all.