Options

Passed! 5/24/11

Tech41Tech41 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all! First post and thankfully accompanies a good outcome. I was very nervous at first but calmed down and became very focused once the actual exam started.

I was surprised at the lack of variation in the actual format of the test. I was expecting find more scenarios, choices, etc. I am not going to divulge more since I do not know if that's beyond the scope of what I should discuss.

I highly recommend paying very close attention to wireless as well as the troubleshooting methodology. To my delight subnetting was all but non existent. Additionally, know your ports, testers, analyzers, etc.!

Hope this helps someone in a small way at least. Reading these posts prior to taking it certainly helped me! icon_cheers.gif

Forgot to add: For studying I used CompTIA Network+ Cert Guide by Mike Harwood and the extremely helpful videos at www.professormesser.com. Those videos really solidified the objectives since I need visuals and simply reading doesn't always cut it for me...

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Tech41Tech41 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What's next?

Not 100% sure yet but since my employer will foot the bill I'm gonna figure it out soon! :)