If I passed Network+......

techboyjktechboyjk Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got an 846/900 on Network+ and have a decent amount of experience with Windows 2000. Where do I stand for this one? Is this something I can cram in two weeks? I'm a quick study and can give about 4 hours a day studying.

Comments

• KMAN24KMAN24 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would say you would need more study time with plenty of practice questions this exam is detailed and frought with long scenarios. I failed it a year or so ago, took all of the other exams and still have yet to hammer out a plan on how to pass it. Its hard to study for this, especially if you have read tons of stuff, because I get bored having to study the same stuff over and over. (DNS,WINS,DHCP,RRAS,TERMINAL SERVICES).

But that just my opinion......
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would not reccomend just cramming for "the beast". 216 is told to be one of the more difficult exams. I would recco going for 210 and 215. If you have experience, you should be able to pass those easily enough. Add on 218, and with your A+/Net+ or Server+, combo, you'll have MCSA.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • techboyjktechboyjk Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the mcsa route is actually my plan. I take a few minutes before I study for my focus exam (the one to take next) and I do a review of the other exams I want to take. This way, when I pass the focus exam, I can jump right into the next one. Anyways, I heard someone refer to this as the "beast" as you mentioned, and wanted to see how it compared to Network+. I wanting to cram for my MCSE and have it wrapped up by June 19 (my bday). I'm taking my 210 on the 6th of April, 215 days later, and 218 sometime before 22. I have a major hernia surgery coming up on the 22nd and I'd like to wake up from the surgery and be like, oh yea, your an MCSA now, and your groin is fixed too.... ;)

lol, anyways, I'm going to be a little risky with taking the exams since MS has the second chance thing going.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Two weeks is un-realistic for most of us expecting to pass that exam. You need to not only study, but you should probably practice some of these objectives. DNS and RRAS are notorious on this exam. Also, things like Certificate services and DHCP will also make little sense unless you've implemented it or at least experimented with it some. I ran across a few questions on this exam that stressed integration of DNS, DHCP, and Active Directory. I probably put in a little over a month study time for this exam but I'd been doing nothing but on the job infrastructure for six months prior to taking the exam. Good luck, study hard and practice, and you'll pass!! icon_wink.gif