CCNET Network Simulator Odom

missjulie80missjulie80 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, Does anyone reccommend or has used the CCENT Network Simulator by Wendell for $74.99? Will it help me for the exam? I am not a network academy student so I dont have access to Packet Tracer. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• TesseracTTesseracT Member Posts: 167
    You should be looking at Dynamips/ GNS3 for labbing (google it). As long as you can get a valid IOS this will be much better for you in the long run than any software simulator will ever do (as it uses the actual IOS). People use this for the CCNP (as I did, it's great for routing but cannot do all the switching commands) as well as the CCIE. It's a bit of a grey area as you know the Cisco IOS is proprietary but Cisco does turn a blind eye to it.
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    TesseracT wrote: »
    It's a bit of a grey area as you know the Cisco IOS is proprietary but Cisco does turn a blind eye to it.

I think Cisco intentionally ignored the issues so that they can attract more people to pursue their line of certs since they realized there is no way they can get people to study with their expensive labs which is technically sold privately.