Options

New member, need help! easiest cert in this list?

2»

Comments

• Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the site

You are fortunate to have found this site, there are some IA folks here. You can take a look at the 8570 certs on some signatures.

To be 8570.1 compliant you'll need your IA cert, and you also need certs specific to the environment you work in, its not some random certs like what you listed. You need certs applicable to what you do... on top of the IAT/IAM cert.

Which do you already have that qualifies you to be an IAT II? Or, is this a what cert do I need to be qualified for an IATII question? In that case, Security+ is the easiest. It's sad, but true, you can just do a lot of memorization on this one for several weeks and might pass the exam as it doesnt require hands on, hardware/software/networking knowledge (but it helps!). Its when you put some of "these" people in front of a server or inside a network room they become useless and become paper-pushers.

You'll also need the certification for your environment. If you work on securing microsoft mail server then you'll need at the Exchange certifications, or if you design/implement/secure networks then CCNA if not higher, if youre working on client operating systems then you'll need xp/7 certs. If youre responsible for MS servers (I think I made my point), then you'll need to be at least an MCSA in order to understand how/what/whys of the server/client relationship.

and theres a reason why they have these minimum requirements... people in these roles should already know how to be doing their job, and saying so does not always cut it. And I'm not saying having paperwork means you know how to do the job either... but at least its something that showed you at least knew enough to pass an exam.
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003