Options

Worst customer service ever

keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
by far the worst experience i have ever had is with vonage. i have been waiting for my old number to be ported over for 4 months icon_evil.gif my old number doesn't ring at my address but at the old one. i have been getting some of the lamest excuses for why this still hasn't been done. i guess i really got under one of the reps skin b/c she got mad and hung up after i replayed the events of our conversation. i think i have been patient enough with them besides who would want to wait 4 months for any service to be completed? icon_confused.gif i would say this the service is decent, but the customer service ranks with talking to a rock with **** on it. tomorrow i have to cut the original number off and lose it forever icon_evil.gif

DON'T USE THEIR SERVICE IF U PLAN ON KEEPING YOUR NUMBER
Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Sounds similar to my experience with Verizon's tech support.
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    Unfortunately, customer service is the first casualty as a company grows big. Phone companies in particular seem to be a royal pain in the behind. I've had some bad experiences with Bellsouth. Also had some bad experiences with Comcast (love the connection, had the cs reps). I've done alot of customer service in my life too, so I'm usually pretty tolerant... the first time I call. If I have to call back for the same thing and the person on the end of the phone can't or won't help me, I want to speak to someone who can.

The tips I've found to getting 'good' customer service (aka, making them do stuff they're dragging their feet on doing) is to be firm, ask the name of the person you're speaking to at the beginning of the conversation (this puts them on guard that you're a possible trouble maker, less likely to get the runaround), ask the name of their supervisor, and then ask to speak to them. If they give you any BS about a supervisor not being available, don't believe them, insist on speaking to someone with more authority than they. If they still refuse, ask for the number to the corporate office.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    after chewing up hills, i come to find out vonage is having XO ( for those that know is really bad) doing the number port.. so there are 3 asses in the chain.. i had the email address of someone on the tech side of XO (like it really makes a diff) try to work another angle for me.. to be honest noone should have to endure so much for so little...
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons