Options

Best Training in California - Lets Hear It

Mike_30Mike_30 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to know your best of the best for training in CA. I need to keep on top to keep my job so anything you can pass on would be great. I see a lot of out of state courses, but that just makes the cost outrageous.. Any other companies for other certs please feel free to add on! Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    Best training for what? Based on what -- cost, course duration, self-directed, instructor-led? What part of California? A one night a week for 8 week course on VMWare preparing for the exam won't help if you're in San Diego and the course is in Redding (that would be a very long commute).
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I took my BSCI (CCNP Route) training like 2 and a half years ago at Global Knowledge at the Oracle building like 1 mile away from LAX airport. It was cool it was a 5 day boot camp. I had a teacher from London and met a lot of people, we had some students from puerto rico fly in, they were cool people. The company i was working for at the time paid for the class so it was free for me, i appreciated that opportunity and took advantage. I had already finished reading the BSCI book so I was going in there with mostly everything coming to me as a review, refresher. All in all the class was good, i just dont know if its worth the $1,500.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    SamLea27SamLea27 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    I took my BSCI (CCNP Route) training like 2 and a half years ago at Global Knowledge at the Oracle building like 1 mile away from LAX airport. It was cool it was a 5 day boot camp. I had a teacher from London and met a lot of people, we had some students from puerto rico fly in, they were cool people. The company i was working for at the time paid for the class so it was free for me, i appreciated that opportunity and took advantage. I had already finished reading the BSCI book so I was going in there with mostly everything coming to me as a review, refresher. All in all the class was good, i just dont know if its worth the $1,500.

Certainly if it is free, great, but 1500 is quite a costly investment, and not a fan of bootcamps myself. Mike, why dont you try self-study and purchase online? You can get everything you need for less than a few hundred bucks at some places, and you cant beat that.
  • Options
    Mike_30Mike_30 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SamLea27 wrote: »
    Certainly if it is free, great, but 1500 is quite a costly investment, and not a fan of bootcamps myself. Mike, why dont you try self-study and purchase online? You can get everything you need for less than a few hundred bucks at some places, and you cant beat that.

Im in the Los angeles area. Im doing self study for a couple lower level things but i have the attention span of a 2 year old and lose motivation or get side tracked just reading books.icon_study.gif Ive had one co worker reccommend global knowledge also. He got the company to pay for it and missed the test by less than 10 points.

Im going to try and get my company to pay for it. They are a lot more willing to pay for things if they are local. Once you start adding in flights, hotels, rental cars etc. you might as well not even ask.