CCENT Scheduled for 06/13/2011

seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Now,

I have experience working with Cisco routers and switches. And I've been studying for a few months now. I'm using the following study materials to prep for the exam; Chris Bryant's book, Wendell Odom's book, Packet Tracer, Tech Exams notes, and exam preps. I feel like I'm ready. So, I scheduled my CCENT exam for June 13, 2011.

I will let you know how it goes; win, lose, or draw. = )
~ Sean

Comments

• jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
    seansabian wrote: »
    Hey Now,

I have experience working with Cisco routers and switches. And I've been studying for a few months now. I'm using the following study materials to prep for the exam; Chris Bryant's book, Wendell Odom's book, Packet Tracer, Tech Exams notes, and exam preps. I feel like I'm ready. So, I scheduled my CCENT exam for June 13, 2011.

I will let you know how it goes; win, lose, or draw. = )

You'll do just fine! We're rooting for you. Just remember to manage your time well on Cisco exams as they are different from other exams in that you are not allowed to proceed backwards once you've answered a question. Time management is of the utmost importance. :)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Time Management is important on the exam -- so keep an eye on the clock. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you've done sufficient lab preparation the SIMs shouldn't even take that amount of time. There are ungraded questions on the exam -- so if you get something funky, take your best shot and hope it's one of those questions -- and then forget it and move on.

Make sure you read the question, read all the answers, and then read the question again. Sometimes if you miss a word reading the question you can wind up picking the right answer to the wrong question -- which makes it a wrong answer.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • JpgonzalJpgonzal Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! Sprint for the finish line! icon_cheers.gif There is nothing like the fire that is lit under you when you actually have the date set in stone rather than "Soon".
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Make sure you read the question, read all the answers, and then read the question again. Sometimes if you miss a word reading the question you can wind up picking the right answer to the wrong question -- which makes it a wrong answer.

+1

I cannot stress how important that is. It's the one thing I did not do when doing practice tests, and good thing it was only practice tests that I did that. I would be quick to answer aquestion because I "thought" I knew what the question was asking but totally forgot to make sure I fully understood what the question was asking. Imagine if I had answered questions in this manner during the real thing. It wouldn't look so pretty. :)
  • seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Now,

Tomorrow is test day. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement and coaching. I will let you know how I do.

Sean
    ~ Sean
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    I just took mine yesterday, and if you have experience then as they mentioned above focus on your time management. What helped me is writing out subnetting information onto dry erase board so I can glance at it instead of having to remember it each time. Just remember to re-read the question and answer before moving on as you cannot go back later :) I found that out the hard way.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Now,

Yes, Lord. I passed with a 812! Whoohooo!! I'm going for the ICND 2 in six weeks....Thanks for the advice about reading the question, all possible answers, and rereading the question. And I want to say that I also used the Chris Bryant CCENT Practice Exam Flash Cards. The flash cards are awesome. With flash cards you either know it or not.

Many thanks.

On to the ICND2...
    ~ Sean
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey Now,

Yes, Lord. I passed with a 812! Whoohooo!! I'm going for the ICND 2 in six weeks....Thanks for the advice about reading the question, all possible answers, and rereading the question. And I want to say that I also used the Chris Bryant CCENT Practice Exam Flash Cards. The flash cards are awesome. With flash cards you either know it or not.

Many thanks.

On to the ICND2...

Awesome! Congrats. icon_cheers.gif Now I have to play catch-up. I have been reluctantly studying for my ICND2 that I should have finished by now. Wish this motivates me, but instead it makes me icon_twisted.gif I would hate to see you get that CCNA before me. icon_lol.gif
    Congrats dude!!! Halfway there. Kick butt on the ICND2!!!
  • JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    Hey Now,

Many thanks.

On to the ICND2...

Is there a link to get the CCENT flashcards?
  • SpoonroomSpoonroom Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »

From doing other certs as well, my experience is that this is not too much of a problem. With a lot of other certs, they try to trick you with the wording of the question. With the CCNA, it's more like they're giving it to you straight, so you either know the question or you don't.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!