Options

Request Securirty vs. Require Security

Hey All,
I am working with WFAS Security Rules. I understand the difference between Request Security and Require Security.

But...what is the point of "Request Security" if the server is going to allow the traffic anyway?

Thanks,
Drew

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There's a difference between the two. If the server requires security, it will only accept secure connections. So if the client cannot provide a secure connection, the server rejects the connection. If the server requests security, it's like the server's saying "Hey I would like you to securely connect to me, but if you cant it's okay, I'll still let you through".
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The idea is that you would prefer your clients to connect securely, but you have a few that are not capable of doing so, but they still have to be able to connect. Say you have a client that's running some app that cannot be upgraded or replaced and will only run on Win95 but it still has to be able to connect to a certain server.

Most clients connecting securely is still better than no clients connecting securely.