Feels bad man

HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
CCENT
775/804

Describe the operation of data networks - 71%

Implement a small switched network - 89%

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small branch office - 67%

Implement a small routed network - 60%

Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN - 0% icon_sad.gif

Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats - 100%

Implement and verify WAN links - 67%

First time i've failed one of these things. Bothers me because at this point i'm really tired of going over this stuff. Oh well, back to the books I suppose.

Edit: I know why I didn't at least get 1 of the wireless questions correct. One of my practice exams had a very similar question to one on the test, the answer I always felt was correct was (according to the practice test) wrong. So I answered with that feedback in mind. Knew I should have gone with my gut on that. Not that it would have let me pass, but it would have been a little bit closer.
WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm sure you'll get it. I think about a month study should really help cover everything.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hypntick wrote: »
    CCENT
    775/804

Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small branch office - 67%

Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN - 0% icon_sad.gif

Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats - 100%

First time i've failed one of these things. Bothers me because at this point i'm really tired of going over this stuff. Oh well, back to the books I suppose.

Edit: I know why I didn't at least get 1 of the wireless questions correct. One of my practice exams had a very similar question to one on the test, the answer I always felt was correct was (according to the practice test) wrong. So I answered with that feedback in mind. Knew I should have gone with my gut on that. Not that it would have let me pass, but it would have been a little bit closer.

Hey, keep your head up. At least you did better than I did on my first attempt a year ago. I got 742/804.

Here's my performance report:
    Describe the operation of data networks - 85%
    Implement a small switched network - 88%
    Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirement - 11%
    Implement a small routed network - 69%
    Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN - 67%
    Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate - 0%
    Implement and verify WAN links - 100%

I hope this makes you feel any better. I passed on my second attempt last November with a score of 850, which was 8 months after I failed. Heck, you beat me at my weakness by a 100% in one of the domains. Let this motivates you next time. You will thank me later. I think you should tackle the test sooner. I wanted to take it asap after I failed, but I didn't have money or the resources to take it again. I had been using the school labs to practice, but I finally got my own lab shortly before I passed on my second attempt.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That does make me feel a little better knowing that i'm not the only one in that boat. I'm figuring 2-3 weeks is where i'm going to be comfortable being. I'm not depressed just kinda ticked off, I mean if i'm gonna fail, let me fail spectacularly! icon_lol.gif

Taking the night off of study to enjoy my weekend a bit. Will probably pick it back up tomorrow night and study wireless like a madman. Same with subnetting, I thought I had it completely down, apparently I was wrong. Same with the routing stuff.

Even worse, I felt 100% confident in my answers at least 95% of the time. I can also say that I maybe didn't take as much time as I needed to on it. Only used 40 out of 90 minutes allotted, i'm sure that didn't help matters.
  • jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
    Don't be discouraged. I took the CCNA composite exam twice. The first time, I missed passing it by a matter of a mere, few points and then the second time I passed it by more than twice what I failed it the first time.

I didn't wait long when I took it the second time. Since everything was still so fresh in my mind, I scheduled it the first available date after the retest date.

I'm sure you'll do better the second time around. Just keep your head up.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Only used 40 out of 90 minutes allotted, i'm sure that didn't help matters.
    You've got to take the time to read the question. Read ALL the answers. And then read the question again. Then, and only then, select the correct answer(s).

Unless you identified some serious deficiencies in your preparation, with that score you could study the minimum 5 day waiting period for the retest and then should probably pass with a 900+ score. Strike while the iron is hot.

If you take 2 weeks or more before your retest we'll expect at least a 950. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If everyone who failed the ICND1 the first time were in a boat, it would have to be a pretty big freaking boat. I failed it the first time and have read so many posts by those who have as well.

Since you didn't fail by much, which is better than failing by a lot, you should have no problem second time around. I gave my second chance about 3 weeks worth of studying, but that was because of my finances.

There is no shame in failing a Cisco exam first time around.

Good luck, you'll get it next time!
    On a related note, does anyone know of any good practice tests that actually give you the correct information? I would prefer of the free variety but i'm more concerned with getting some good practice so i'd be willing to buy if they were worth it. Something in a way that the actual test is formatted, multiple choice, sims, drag and drop etc. Thanks!
  • jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
    If you have the CCNA Cert Library by Wendell Odom, it comes with the Boson Exam Environment. I found the questions on that practice test very challenging. If you can answer the questions on that practice, you'll be well ready for the exam.
    Now i'm confused. Opened up Labsim and did the test at the end for the wireless section. 28 questions, 93% correct. Haven't so much as touched a book since yesterday. icon_confused.gif:

At this rate I think I will go ahead and do it next Saturday. I know i'll have to cover it out of pocket though, my mentor at WGU would never approve it without at least 1 month of study. Gonna put in 4 hours a day until then and see where I stand.
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't let the practice test fool you!

Make sure that you not only know the correct answer but that you can also explain why all other answer are wrong. Sometimes the practice tests are plain wrong and that will lead you into a giant trap.

Best of luck for your next shot, you will make it!
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Another day or two should get you to where you need to be.

Also, to reiterate what mikej412 said. Read the all of the answers. I've been burnt by that in several practice exams I've taken.

The good news is... you've sat the exam so you know what you're up against.
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CCENT
    775/804

You are too close to give up.Take breath and go pass it. focus on your points. You will pass next time.
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
    Well, spoke with my WGU mentor last night. Turns out that i'll need to get approval from them first before I can re-test and have it count. So it'll be next Saturday before I do the test. Didn't want to wait, but everything happens for a reason.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have the CCNA Cert Library by Wendell Odom, it comes with the Boson Exam Environment. I found the questions on that practice test very challenging. If you can answer the questions on that practice, you'll be well ready for the exam.
    This is the only practice exam I used. And I passed first try. If you have this resource, I'd recommend using it.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens