Options

Double Time

Hello, I have simple question I would like to ask you all.

I have been studying for my ICND2 exam, and I have been dabbaling also with Microsoft 70-680 ( Configuring Windows 7 ).

My question is - Is studying for 2 certifications at once ineficient? I know this is probably different per person, but I would like some opinions.

Personally, I am finding it a bit neglectfull since I am not putting a 100% effort into the 70-680. I am learning new things by reading my 70-680 book, but possibly not grasping everything like I should in preperation for an exam.

Thanks all in advanced.
Currently Reading: Again to Carthage - CCNA/Security

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Honestly, I think it works out but it just takes a little longer to get things done. I'm studying for six certifications right now. But I focus more on the ones that I need to get done as soon as possible. I think it depends on where your focus is.

I see it as taking multiple classes at the same time. There are major tests on certain weeks and so I have to focus my studying on the information for the test. I hope that sort of makes sense.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I suggest you focus on the ICND2 first and come back to the 680 later. The 680 or any 2008 exam is not easy if you do not have hands-on experience with the product. Not to scare you or anything, the 680 exam has a surprisingly high failure rate, primarily because you need to have a fair idea of server technologies (WDS, BranchCache, DirectAccess, for example) and people tend to think "O this is just a client OS exam, it shouldnt be a problem".

If I were you, I'd focus on the ICND2, pass it, then do the 680. Both exams also require serious labbing time. Good luck!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Those are both fairly difficult exams.

IMO I think it depends on the scenario. If you were studying microsoft word, outlook, and security + you could probably get away with it. However, since 680 has a high fail rate and Cisco certs are no joke, I would follow Ess's advice.

I hit Project +, Server +, and Security + in 5 months. I pretty much read the books off and on. Now that I am doing ITIL Service Transition, it's all I do until I pass. Then I will reevaluate and go from there.