Options

New Member just got A+ certified

W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey everybody. I've been reading post on this site for a minute and finally decided to post something.

I'm new to the IT field as a career but I've been a computer geek my whole life and have been planning on taking the A+ certification since I was 17. I'm 20 now and finally have the money and the resources to take the test so after following my parents dreams and trying my hand in healthcare I finally decided to follow my own and become A+ certified, and I did so successfully.

I also got my first IT job on the same day and will be starting tomorrow. I look forward to getting Network+ certified before the fall so I can put my study time towards school and maybe somewhere down the road get my CCNA as I'm already very familiar with the Cisco IOS.

Also just to note

to study for the essentials exam I used the A+ exam cram and scored a 735

to study for the practical application exam I decided to do a little bit more studying so I used Professor Messer's A+ videos and passed the 220-702 with an 864.

Comments

• Options
    kast1kast1 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the A+ and also finding a job in IT.
  • Options
    _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the A+ Certification icon_cheers.gif and getting an IT Job icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    gbuc40gbuc40 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I'm in Tampa, too!
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gbuc40 wrote: »
    Congrats, I'm in Tampa, too!

Oh ok do you work in IT down here?
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    Great job on the pass! :D
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed