Options

Transcender for A+

XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just bought Transcender bundle for 701/702. It seems like it's a good practice test, but they're much harder than the ones I've taken from other books. I got an 80% on my Mike Meyers test, and now I got a 60~65% on Transcender. @_@ What kind of score should I be aiming for before the test? There's a $133 voucher I might pick up (June 16th date), but I'm thinking it might be too soon. There's a lot of stuff in these test I don't remember reading about. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Transcender. I printed off and studied the Flashcards. That erally helped me.
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The exams aren't hard at all. Believe me. I used the text by Jean Andrews as well as professor messers videos.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    gbuc40gbuc40 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Although I did not find the A+ exams difficult, I would not say they are a complete breeze either. I did very well with minimal study but I tribute that to my real life experience with principles and applications that are reflected on the A+ exam.

I would definitely consider grabbing a copy of Exam Cram. The book is very easy to read, relatively short, and the practice tests (imo) are very similar to the actual exam. I read/skimmed through most of it but really paid attention to the printer section as that was probably my weakest area.

I wish you luck. Don't underestimate the exam but at the same time, it really isn't difficult. Very straightforward and you either know it or you don't.
  • Options
    XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The test doesn't seem that hard. I do agree with that. I've built most of my own computers since 2001, and I've always helped friends/family with computer problems (mostly consisting of malware and/or dirty laptops). So I have confidence in general knowledge (troubleshooting, operational procedures, and security are my highest scoring parts).

The part I'm nervous about is the obscure stuff, like Dr. Watson (never heard of it until I took the Transcender test), IRQ names, or how many pins are on "x" device (always seem to forget little stuff like that) and printers (never had ANY real life exp troubleshooting them).

I think just one more week of these flashcards and practice tests, I'll be ready. Thanks for the words of encouragement.