Options

two sites in the desert

ray86ray86 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
am not sure this is the right place to post this but my question is
we have two sites in the desert there is no internet connection and we need
to connect them together they are 80KM far from each others .
what are the possibilities ?
and the equipments needed ?
i know satellite could be a solution but do we need in both sites satellite internet or we can just fix in one place and other can receive.

Comments

• Options
    burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    Since this is being dropped into the desert this might work:

Long-range Wi-Fi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    I don't think WiMax (802.16) can do 80Km... that's a long way. Monkerz link is a good one... up to 120Km with that solution.

Personally, I think satellite is your best bet. You'll not only get connectivity between your sites, you'll also get internet connectivity (which the wireless and microwave solutions won't provide). Course, latency is always a bit more when you have to travel into space and back, but since your users have no concept of what great round trip speeds are like, they will just assume the latency is par for the course.

Guess it depends on business needs and budget... and if the company has a reason for not wanting to have internet access.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    Depending on location, microwave is probably your best bet. Sites being in the desert don't automatically prevent them from land line services.