CCENT in 6 months

ash.oash.o Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am a 2nd year comp. sci. engineering student. I plan to appear fro ccent this december. I'm new to the networking field, starting from scratch.

I have the Odom book & the CCENT® Certifi cation All-In-One For Dummies by Glen E. Clarke...which one of these should i start with?
And are 6 months enough for prep? i want to ace this one. :)

Comments

• en2uen2u Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Go with odom's book and get CBT nuggets by jeremey your good to go. six months is more than enough. icon_study.gif
  • ash.oash.o Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    K.. Is it too early to give it?? Cuz i have no prior networking experience wahtsoever, programming adn algos are more of what i've done so far..

Should i wait an year or 2??
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I had no previous networking experience when I started. I assisted a Senior network engineer with a site turn up and was drawn in to the field. I was able to study and pass Net+ and CCENT within 6.5 months. I slacked a bit after that and earned CCNA 6 months later.

For some reason, I now shoot for a 6 month study period before siting for an exam. :)
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Took me ~2 month to get CCENT. I studied by watching CBT Nugget, Sybex book and simulator. I had no background in networking.

6 month is enough to get CCENT & CCNA.

Just get really comfortable subnetting & dec to bin conversion.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    ash.o wrote: »
    K.. Is it too early to give it?? Cuz i have no prior networking experience wahtsoever, programming adn algos are more of what i've done so far..

Should i wait an year or 2??

It's never too early, I saw an article about some pre-teen going for the CCIE somewhere in Asia.

If you're smart enough to understand programming and algorithms, then you're smart enough to understand device configurations and protocols.

It's just a question of whether or not you're going to put in the required effort.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)