Options

Get a haircut and get a real job!!

Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
Well I guess it's my turn for a resume review...I've updated this a short while back, but it still seems stale to me.

Looking for that job that will pay a Schmillion dollars for sitting on my butt and eating Krispy Kremes...but if that's out of the question, I would like to find a that next job that allows me to grow a bit more maybe more of a Jr. SysAdmin.

I've been here for 3 and half years learned most of what I do in the first 6 months. I've been "shelling peas" (as Turgon puts it..lol) ever since...the place is going down the tubes with new management and it's time to move on.

Thanks for taking the time to look....I'll try not to take offense to criticism. LOL

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok here are the negatives, you asked!

I don't like the format of your resume, i would use a different font.Geettar28 is your name? looks unprofesional to me putting it where it is and the size.
    You're work experience read like alot of fluff to me, try and add more details like which exact operating systems you worked on, the exact hardware.

An example below, i just looked at the first section, my advise is cut out the drivel.

Deployed AutoCAD 20xx license server in order to consolidate user licenses.Created installation images to facilitate future user upgrades.

Upgraded and repaired cycle time pace clocks. Consolidated the software necessary for PLC programming. Authored work instruction documents for future cycle revisions.

Implemented wireless video pre-paint inspections for the sales department.

Deployed an intranet web server and site in an effort to improve communications at the Division.(More techie details if possible)

Responsible for maintaining building security Access Control System.(More techie details if possible)

Responsible for Avaya telephone switch administration, Audix Voicemail administration, as well as Nextel direct connect and cell service administration.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$