Failed it by one question!!!

rosstifarrosstifar Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I can't believe I just failed it by one question. icon_confused.gif I got a 678.

One simulation question that I got wrong that I absolutely need to know how to do (because it is bugging me to death) is how do you deny change to a user that is inside of a group that needs full access? AND, you can only do it with share permissions. My problem is that when you click on Deny Change for the user, Deny Read also becomes checked and this wouldn't work because the user needs read access. How is it possible to solve this problem?

So frustrated.

Comments

• matttuppermatttupper Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got 612 today icon_sad.gif But I have the free retake icon_lol.gif

I also got this question and could not figure out the answer. As far as I could make out it could only be achieved by using NTFS and Share Permissions.

Anybody have a solution ?
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    rosstifar wrote:
    I can't believe I just failed it by one question. icon_confused.gif I got a 678.

One simulation question that I got wrong that I absolutely need to know how to do (because it is bugging me to death) is how do you deny change to a user that is inside of a group that needs full access? AND, you can only do it with share permissions. My problem is that when you click on Deny Change for the user, Deny Read also becomes checked and this wouldn't work because the user needs read access. How is it possible to solve this problem?

So frustrated.

Advanced security options.
  • ecummingsecummings Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you failed. I failed mine too last week - although by more than one question. I had the same question and couldn't figure out the answer. The only solution I could come up with was to use NTFS and share but the question stated only share permissions. I'd be interested to hear the answer to this one.
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Advanced security options.

Bingo!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • matttuppermatttupper Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wouldn't selecting the advanced security options mean that you are applying NTFS permission to the folder icon_confused.gif:

The question stated quite clearly that the solution should use share permissions icon_exclaim.gif
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    matttupper wrote:
    Wouldn't selecting the advanced security options mean that you are applying NTFS permission to the folder icon_confused.gif:

The question stated quite clearly that the solution should use share permissions icon_exclaim.gif

Using share permissions is dumb & can only confuse you when you start applying ACL . If you must use share permissions, just allow only read. This will allow you to read the contents of the share.