Options

Passed! Thanks Every1!

goasakawagoasakawa Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today I passed the rest of my A+ Certifacation. It was kinda nerve wrecking and I do wish I had brushed up pn a few things (although they were never mentioned in my AIO's-Or maybe Im blind).

But the practice tests and great forum Q&A's helped me out at LEAST 50% of the way and just wanted to say thanks.

Although it did seem like a N+ test (for those who are about to take the A+OS) I would recomend brushing up on OS upgrade paths, know your network command line toos and a few of the paremeters for those specific tools & be familiar with the various Utilities (some with paremeters) so you dont get fooled into thinking Utility A will work on all OS's when it only works on NT [as an example]. Other than that it was troubleshooting.

...just wish I knew the lil minor tiny itty bitty lil things to I could have passed with a better score than a 653.

Quick Q's: 1) Do I have to renew/retake the A+ or am I in for life? 2) My next steps the N+ and all this certifacation stuff is hurting my pockets. Any good voucher resources out there? & 3) Are CCNA or CCNP's in demand?

Comments

• Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    Today I passed the rest of my A+ Certifacation

First of all i congratz you.
    Although it did seem like a N+ test

I agree that the A+ os is like making a N+ test. ( also the A+ hw had some questions about N+)
    just wish I knew the lil minor tiny itty bitty lil things to I could have passed with a better score than a 653.

Doesn't matter how much you get a pass is a pass , because you passed the minimum passing score of CompTIA.
    Do I have to renew/retake the A+ or am I in for life?

No, CompTIA certs are for life
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Options
    msrobinmsrobin Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :D
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on making A+!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    congrats goasakawa...ehmm CCNA might be on demand but it depends on where you want to work..I guess...taking more courses will be great as long as you are interested in it.