Options

Resume Advice

TechZillaTechZilla Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
What do you guys think of the below job description. I am trying to keep it short while still outlining my major roles.

Desktop Engineer
First point of contact for all customer support needs. Efficiently diagnose and repair hardware, software and network issues to onsite and remote users. Successfully migrated 100+ users from Windows XP to Windows 7 with minimal downtime. Responsible for all machine initial configurations, performance specifications and maintenance. Created and maintained accurate, complete, and up-to-date inventory records of all computers, printers and peripherals.

This is what I had before:

Desktop Engineer
Deployed, migrated and maintained Windows XP and 7 machines in an Enterprise Environment of 300+ users in 5 locations across the United States. Migrated users from Windows XP to Windows 7 in a timely fashion decreasing downtime. Added and modified users and computers using Active Directory. Managed and monitored anti-virus. Designed and managed both hardware and software inventory sheets. Supported SharePoint intranet by managing site permissions and settings. Deployed network printers to multiple offices as well as network scanning solutions. Designed and deployed multiple conference room setups including overhead projectors, speakers and phones.

Comments