Options

Jncip-ent

buzzkilbuzzkil Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Howdy. Long time lurker first time poster. I just came back from passing the JNCIP-ENT. It was fairly difficult and covered a large range of material. I registered to post this as I have found extremely little information regarding this test. It's usually nice to read about other test experiences so you know what to expect but there is nothing out there about this.

To prepare for the JNCIP-ENT, I read the AJER and AJEX Juniper courseware books twice and read chapters out of the Junos Enterprise Routing by O'Reilly on topics that I was weak on. As far as labbing, I have a few SRX210s and EX4200s which are connected to a quad port NIC on my PC that is running VMWare Workstation. This allows me to create virtual Olives which can then be directly connected to the physical hardware and each other to create whatever topology is needed. I also mainly work with Juniper products at work so that helps too.

Unfortunately, there is more on the test than what is mentioned in those guides and even what is listed on the Juniper website. I highly recommend knowing IPv6 and how it’s configured and troubleshot within the various routing protocols. Also, go back and make sure you know everything that was covered on the JNCIS-ENT. I was blind sided on the IPv6 as I assumed it would only be on the JNCIE as that is what the Juniper website appears to say.

Otherwise, good luck!

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum! Congrats on passing JNCIP-ENT and the feedback.

I am sure that others will also appreciate the input from your experience.icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • Options
    high1432007high1432007 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, can share how many SRX needed for lab preparation. tks
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    buzzkilbuzzkil Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to purchase the books for both courses from the juniper website:
    Welcome

Luckily, my company reimbursed me as it isn't all that cheap unfortunately.

Good luck on your test.
  • Options
    jesskendrickjesskendrick Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, it's not cheap... Thanks for the link though. Cheers
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Congrats! I am preparing for the JNCIA-JUNOS myself and aim to pass the JNCIP-ENT by the end of the year. I'd also love to know what equipment you used for your lab, as I am slowly building one up.

Congrats again!