Options

~Please explain CompTIA CE for my situation~

nimrod.sixty9nimrod.sixty9 Banned Posts: 125 ■□□□□□□□□□
I already have A+ for life and Im about to get N+. Shortly after I get N+ I plan to get Security+. Obviously though, N+ and S+ will expire. If I just take Security+ every three years, will it renew my A+ and N+ with a CE designation? Im seeing a lot of different ways here as some places I see you have to publish articles or books and/or teach. Others say just retake the S+. Others say you can only retake in a certain time frame. Which is it?

Comments

• Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You are grandfathered in for the lifetime certification for the A+. Unless you retake the A+ you should be good and not have to worry about CE's for that certification. You will need to complete Continuing Education for both the N+ and Sec+. Both certs have CE requirements but completing the CE's for Sec+ only will not renew the N+. There may be some overlap between the certifications that you can claim. But depends on what you are doing.

I would say it depends on if you want to pay to take a test or work on other ways to maintain your cert. Me personally I would rather work on staying current through continuing education than studying to take another test every 3 years.

Check out Comptia's FAQ on Continuing Education requirements.
    CompTIA Continuing Education Program
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)