Options

Background Check

gbuc40gbuc40 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all.

The company I received a job offer is using a company called HireRight for the background check. Has anyone had any experience with them? I am reading complete horror stories on the internet. Thousands of people losing their job because HireRight fails to do something or another. I always worry about things so it could just be me overreacting but I'm concerned.

I have nothing to hide so I should be okay but the people in the reviews didn't lie about anything either. Job hunting is so tough in this economy especially someone like me who is fresh out of college.... don't want to have to start over icon_sad.gif UGH.

Here are some reviews
Reviews for HireRight, Inc. - Employment Screening Service - Irvine, CA

Comments

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had a third party group do a screening for a job before my last one and I made a total mess on my work history dates. I had no gaps but I could not remember the proper start end dates so I guessed. Well if you guessed the first job, guess what? All your job dates are wrong lol. They found it and I got flagged and I wrote a short note that HR requested explaining why I messed up the dates. Still got the job but I made sure I saved the report they gave me.

Any decent company will verify with you mistakes and or flags on your background check.
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    I had a third party group do a screening for a job before my last one and I made a total mess on my work history dates. I had no gaps but I could not remember the proper start end dates so I guessed. Well if you guessed the first job, guess what? All your job dates are wrong lol. They found it and I got flagged and I wrote a short note that HR requested explaining why I messed up the dates. Still got the job but I made sure I saved the report they gave me.

Any decent company will verify with you mistakes and or flags on your background check.

Just an FYI, for your employment dates you can go to the local Social Security Office and request and employment report on yourself. I think it costs around $25 but it will list all of your employments as long as you paid SSN tax and the dates you worked there.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus