Options

SSCA SIP training program

cleveohcleveoh Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anybody know if this is a worthwhile cert to pursue?

SIP Center / SIP School

Comments

• Options
    zowlzowl Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have done all of the course material. I work with SIP everyday and one thing about SIP is; it is different based on the implementation. Every place I have worked on SIP, it is always a little different. This course is generic. It is perfect generic, so from the packet analysis view point there isn't much there except the perfect call scenarios.

For instance, we have phones with shared extensions and you see the URI change to have the mac address in it. The first sip I worked on there was only the UA number to identify the phone. I come from Cisco Call Manager where you don't do anything without the MAC.

This cert is becoming more recognized, Cisco, TIA and MITEL to name a few link to it. From that perspective it has value. It also has value in knowing all of the different entities out there and all of the known problems. For a hiring manager I'm sure it is a confidence builder, because a lot of people say they know SIP yet they only know one flavor.

I want to take the test, but I don't know anyone who has taken it. I hate to take a $100 test and be ill prepared, so if anyone has taken it maybe you can tell me if there are trick questions.