Options

Avance

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone here ever v2v an Avance VM to an ESXi server? Any gotchas that I should be aware of?
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Anyone here ever v2v an Avance VM to an ESXi server? Any gotchas that I should be aware of?

I am unsure what Avance is. However, v2v'ing usually goes fairly smoothly. If you're doing a hot v2v, the only "gotchas" would be if the VM runs a database - to stop that service. (I usually power off servers that have a database to p2v/v2v them.)
  • Options
    i was thinking a v2v would work fine. i know i've always been successful in migrating hyperv vms over to vmware. thanks for the response.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    update: I've v2ved several of these Avance vms to esxi hosts and they worked like a charm.