Anyone use the free dreamspark voucher in Northern VA?

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Im just curious if they actually ask for your school ID when you show up for your exam.

Comments

• Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Im just curious if they actually ask for your school ID when you show up for your exam.

OK I am not in NVA but I can tell you in my area, which is PA. I walked into two tests, both student coded tests and was not asked for it. All they asked for was my driver ID and another form of ID, in which I used a credit card on me.
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I dont have a valid student ID. So I guess Ill give it a try next week. Thanks.
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    ill tell ya on the 29th
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • slushislushi Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You could print out your class schedule and show your ID. I've asked a buddy of mine and they didn't ask for his student ID, just the regular ol' 2 forms of ID.
  • slushislushi Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Unless you obtained the voucher without actually being a student -- I'm not going to lie, I was going to make my sister register for one under her college email and take the voucher and use it. I doubt the test center will be **** about the student ID thing.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nah. I was a student, not anymore though. I still have my email, so I was able to get a voucher that way.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    used my free voucher in NY. passport and debit card used,
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not in Virginia, but I wasn't asked. I had it ready though. I think it would vary by test center, they all seem to have their own quirks. Prometric doesn't only do Microsoft stuff. The workers probably don't realize that 72 exams are intended only for students.
    Decide what to be and go be it.