CCNA Physical Lab. Need advice

EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I've read through the FAQ but have fairly unique circumstance surrounding my setup. Due to the business I am in, we coincidentally have a number of Cisco devices laying around.

Would the following be sufficient for the CCNA?

2x Cisco 2611XM
2x Catalyst 3560

Is there anything I'm missing? I have a decent budget to purchase devices, but I obviously don't want to go overboard. I also have two spare Cisco ASA 5510s if that is of any use.

Thanks!

Comments

• QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    If you have the equipment I'd bump them from 2x to 3x both and you'll be really set.
  • SlowhandSlowhand MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / Core Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2003/2012/2016 Bay Area, CaliforniaMod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you're planning on spending the cash to get two Catalyst 3560s, you can definitely get away with getting a 3550 or two as your other switches. If you've got the 3560s laying around, though, that's a better choice. That will actually carry you all the way through CCNP, and probably well into CCIE-territory. As for the routers, another two 2600XM-series should be more than enough to get you through CCNP and up to CCIE-studies as well.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the 3560s sitting in my office waiting to be used, so it's great to hear I can them fired up.

Thanks for the advice guys!