Options

Confused About Security Career

13»

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You guys help me with a Great way;
    First of all help me with easy going moods and then humiliate me with the words like this thread should be treated as best thread and New potental best-thread-of-2011 here: Commencing Virtualization Certifications
    Very nice,good way of helping me!!
    And also,Chief Information Officers/Directors jobs are co-related with Computer Forensics,i mean these Directors/Officers can do the legal work too?

The best way to crack it in security work is to get a job with a good firm where you will be assisting a very experienced security professional, and a good one at that. You will be that persons ***** for two years but will learn a great deal. A lot of people working in security are mediocre at best because the US rolls over and prints the money to keep the complex going and everyone has run off into it. It's just getting too bloated and too expensive. This has diluted the real quality that is out there in the field which is a shame because there is good deal of that and it is needed. The security bubble will blow itself apart from 2012 onwards and a lot of people doing mediocre or marginal work will be left nowhere employment wise. There will be layoffs because the cost is unsustainable. If you are serious about a security career, start thinking 5 years hence.

If it's half as complex or as important as the security people blowing the trumpet like to think it is then there must be some quality people out there. Find them. Work for them. Learn from them.