Options

Rant for the month

keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
My rant for the month is this.

I absolutely hate when I'm working in a support role (as I was yesterday for the local elections that ran), and there are 4 or 5 "people who know everything" standing around saying stuff like, "that's stupid why can't the database do this and do that" and when a problem pops up they immediately start chattering about "this could cost this and that, this is a horable system, it's a simple program so why should there be a problem" Mind you, none of these people haven't the slightest idea how a database even runs, making stupid comments like "they should've written this in Windows XP". To top it off, my support team was made up of people I had no control over selecting or knowing who they were before I actually arrived. The guy that was supposed to be my top help, owned a "computer consulting firm". He knew absolutely squat. He flat out told me he didn't know anything about networking, security, or never even attempted to understand programming, Yet he's got all these things on his business cards as "areas of expertise". He told me that he and his partner (who make up the entire company) are good at selling themselves as knowing more than they do. His thing was they get some kids to do it real cheap or they just figure out a way to get something working. By lunch time this wack job had me boiling over inside. At the end of the day I told him how lying about your qualifications, doing botch work, and screwing people over is not welcome by those of us who are professionals in this field. He completely ignored that and tried to get me "partner up" with him and his other partner, because they "need one other person on board who actually knows this stuff" I told him that considering how many people they had probably already given poor service to, or flat out lied to, I would never in any way be associated with them. It amazes me that people like this even get contracts. icon_evil.gif