Ccna lab

13»

Comments

• right43right43 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

I am a newbie in terms of CCNA and Cisco technology. Will like to ask something and hope you all can help me even if it was answered many times.

I take a look at an ebay sale selling 2620XM/2650XM and I intend to make them my R1 & R2.

The question is that will they be suitable for future use like if I going take CCNP after my CCNA?

Details of router:
    Cisco IOS Software, C2600 Software (C2600-IPVOICEK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)
    System image file is "flash:c2600-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin"

The seller hide the bootstrap not sure if it is Version 12.2(8r).

128MB DRAM / 48MB Flash

Can I upgrade or do anything to make the system image Adv Enterprise?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards
    Fred
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    right43 wrote: »
    128MB DRAM / 48MB Flash

Can I upgrade or do anything to make the system image Adv Enterprise?

With 128M of RAM, you should be able to find an Adv Ent image that'll run no problem. Otherwise you can always add more memory.

The Cisco Feature Navigator will tell you the requirements of whatever image you have. Click "search by image" and give it the name. You can also research which features an image has, or which image you need for a certain feature:

Cisco Feature Navigator - Cisco Systems
    Got it. Thanks again.

One more quick, but probably dumb question. Do people normally set up their lab separately from their ISP connection or do they integrate that with the lab setup? Reason I'm asking is otherwise I'm pretty sure I'd have to get another WIC for DSL to get that to work; unless I'm thinking completely wrong given my current setup.

I have swapped my Linksys out for one of my Cisco routers once and made it work as a learning experience, but the performance was not good enough so it was only a temporary project. However, I do keep a device or two connected to my home network so I can ssh into everything once I have a basic config applied. I don't have an access server yet and I get sick of moving the console cable.