Options

Did MCITP:SA fasttrack course and passed Exams

LaurentVHLaurentVH Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

First post overhere, but just wanted to say some small thank you words since I was reading a lot over here for the past couple of weeks in preparation of my MCITP:SA fasttrack course at Global Knowledge (info : http://www.globalknowledge.be/pdf/mcitpsa.pdf).
Reading here gave me some tips, inside info about the study, certification and exams.

I had this course the past week, 5 days course including 3 exams : 70-642, 70-640 and to complete yesterday also the 70-646. I'm now MCITP Server Administrator...and must admit, kinda proud about it :)

Fasttrack course is a 'heavy' one. Sort of 'tired' feeling now.
You have to study a lot in advance by books, MS e-learning, practice labs and do some test questions to prep. The first day of the course you have the time with the trainer to get over a few hot topics and in the afternoon you have the 70-642 exam, the second day the same but then for the 70-640. Then 2,5 full days class training about the 70-646 (deployment, RDS, ...) and on friday afternoon the last exam.

Fasttrack is an ideal (fast) way if (and you must meet all the conditions imho) :
- you have some years of experience in IT & Windows server 2008 systems and work in it on a day-by-day base
- you are a person who needs a sort of 'deadline' date to motivate yourself to get into to books & get hands on that certification
- you are willing to study a lot in advance to prepare yourself, especially for the first 2 exams
- you have a company who is willing to pay for the course
- you can handle the 'pressure' to get it done in 1 week

About the exams, 2 things that I want to share without breaking any rules:
- study a lot on the commands & cmdlets, there are questions about it (I found that out when doing some test questions to prep myself)
- there are testlets in 70-646, I got 5 of them. In the end, I don't think they were that difficult to be honest.

But once again, it possible to succeed and I must say...didn't expect it. I was aiming on 2 exams, and I had a 'we will see' feeling about the last one. But when you pass the first 2 exams, you motivate yourself to do everything about it to get hands on that last one too.

Next up...don't know yet. Already had class training for VMware VCP in january, still have to get that certification. Or maybe Exchange 2010 certification. But won't get back in the books before september I guess...

Cheers folks & good luck for those who are studying right now !

Comments