How much networking is covered in the CCSP?

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
Will taking the CCSP, teach you some CCNP stuff as well? I read some of Ten9t6's responses regarding this. I know he said to get the CCNP first as it will make the CCSP easier. Is this because there are some CCNP topics in the CCSP track?

I looked over the test objectives for each CCNP exam. It seems as if it expands (in greater detail obviously) of what the CCNA taught?

Any thoughts, suggestions or comments welcome
Thanks

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I looked over the test objectives for each CCNP exam. It seems as if it expands (in greater detail obviously) of what the CCNA taught?

Thats exactly right CCNP is just a more advanced level of CCNA, a lot of the terms are from CCNA yet explored in more depth.

CCSP is a whole different kettle of fish, after CCNA and CCDA I wanted to do CCSP but decided CCNP+CCDP was the best option first.

Although doing CCNP first will make it easier, Theres no reason why you cant go to CCSP the only pre req is CCNA, although doing something like Security+ might be a good base to start also.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    It will make it easier to take the Security exams....But, like wildfire stated, it is not mandatory. This is the way I look at it.....

If you do not understand how the information is routed or switched throughout your network, how can you properly secure it? I still have not finished my SP...(almost..I took a long break)..But, I can tell you that *to me* these tests were harder than the NP exams....But, it is up to you....I am sure you will get good support on this board, no matter which path you take.

Good luck..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    Thank you for the feedback.
    I did the CCNA thing not to long ago, and I have a lot of hands on experience with this stuff from the past year. I'm going to go for the CCSP and gauge from there if my networking experience is up to par. I've done a lot of "ccnp type" stuff at work . That's actually why it took me so long to get my CCNA. I was studying ccnp related stuff for work..had no choice

Thanks again