Staying Motivated..

KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Guys.. I am struggling with motivation.. I work for a managed service company and over the past year - year and a half I have been bounced around working on the day-to-day support for various clients.. Each time my manager keeps changing my focus so its hard to stay focus on one discipline.. I mean I went from focusing on Voice to R/S to Security and now Data Center.. yea at first its exciting but its hard to stay focused on one path when you get jerked to another.. Just curious how you guys stay motivated..

Comments

• TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Kelkin wrote: »
    Hey Guys.. I am struggling with motivation.. I work for a managed service company and over the past year - year and a half I have been bounced around working on the day-to-day support for various clients.. Each time my manager keeps changing my focus so its hard to stay focus on one discipline.. I mean I went from focusing on Voice to R/S to Security and now Data Center.. yea at first its exciting but its hard to stay focused on one path when you get jerked to another.. Just curious how you guys stay motivated..

If you are bouncing around doing day to day support you wont have any significant time in the office to do any studying. You need to choose a single path (I suggest R&S) and try and pace yourself at work so you can study in the evenings without feeling nuked. Go for a 1 to 2 year programme. How quickly you get through the track depends on how regular your lab practice will be. Candidates getting in 2 - 3 hours lab practice Monday to Friday and 6 - 12 hours in across each weekend can clear the track inside a year. If that commitment is aggressive you are looking at several years. It really depends how much time you can commit to the thing on a daily basis. If your work is demanding then push the study hours to times when you are at home so you have less distractions and dont put yourself under pressure at work. You need 2 - 3 hours to do a rack session exercise properly and without distractions.