Options

Sharing Permission!??!!

louzam2115louzam2115 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have seen too many different anwsers and I am taking the test today.

What are the differences between group permissions and file level permissions. I have seen different examples but they seem to not make sense.

Anyone have a good references for this?

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    louzam2115 wrote:
    I have seen too many different anwsers and I am taking the test today.

What are the differences between group permissions and file level permissions. I have seen different examples but they seem to not make sense.

Anyone have a good references for this?

You want this for A+?

Group Permissions tend to fall under networking/security, etc.. basically, you assign users to groups and then assign each group specific permissions.

For example: You have three employees: Sam, Frank, Henry who work in sales. Henry is a manager and mangers need access to both sales and marketing files/folders.

Betty and John work in Marketing and only need access to marketing files/folders.

So you'd create two groups: ONe sales another Marketing.

Henry would be named as a member of both (to have access to all the files). The others would only be a member of their respective group.

File permissions may also be used in networks though it is cleaner to manager through Group Policies.

For A+, you'll likely need to understand the Read/Share/Write/Deny/Allow etc.. based upon the OS you're working with as well as the file structure NTFS vs. FAT

http://windows.about.com/od/filesfoldersdisks/l/aa010128a.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304040
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Plantwiz gave a good explainnation, but I agree, you probably won't see anything related to sharing on A+.
    i remain, he who remains to be....