SRX100's for Home Lab

2»

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Seems to work ok on an srx240 as far as the commit check goes. I'll check some srx100s later today for ya.

[edit protocols bgp group test]
    lab@srxC-2# run show version
    Hostname: srxC-2
    Model: srx240h-poe
    JUNOS Software Release [12.1R1.9]

lab@srxC-2# show
    type internal;
    cluster 1.1.1.1;
    neighbor 1.1.1.1;

lab@srxC-2# commit check
    configuration check succeeds
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • JuniperGuyJuniperGuy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can say that the 100B doesn't do route reflection, no answer for 210, but 220 will do it just fine.
    just tested route reflection on a 210, works just fine. Doesn't work on the 100H though. So it looks like as long as you have a 210 for RR you should be fine.

-Bender
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Can someone with a 210 test RSVP under virtual-routers?

I've found another limitation with SRX100B while labbing for my JNCIP:SP..... I could only define RSVP under the [protocols rsvp] hierarchy in the default instance.

Any of my virtual-routers did not have the 'rsvp' protocol available for configuration under 'set routing-instance R1 protocols rsvp'

I found this j-net forums thread - unable Configuring MPLS under Virtual Router routi... - J-Net Community

However no definitive answer was provided..... icon_sad.gif - I'll keep digging in the mean time...... unless someone can enlighten me as to why it would be disabled..... if only the SRX supported logical-systems... icon_sad.gif

EDIT - Using the new juniper pathfinder tool, it appears that SRX supports TE-Extensions, Secondary\Standby LSPs....... however there is only mention of RSVP under CoS not MPLS functionality......... WE MUST GO DEEPER.... :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • mumuloxmumulox Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have the same problem with a SRX210, mpls is not supported with logical-systems (I tried with the latestjunos).
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I recently got the JNCIA CBT Nuggets. The instructor recommends a J2330, J2350 and EX2200. But each is in the $800+ range, which would mean a lab that costs $2,400 - $3,000.

Would buying the SRX100H (or B) be a better alternative, especially if I plan on moving up to the enterprise track? Security would be something maybe later on. But my career goals is to one day have a CCIE R&S and have familiarity with JUNOS.
    I'd definitely recommend checking out the srx100s for routing and security, for switching, you'll definitely need to get an EX.

-Bender
  • jdstarnsjdstarns Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mumulox wrote: »
    I have the same problem with a SRX210, mpls is not supported with logical-systems (I tried with the latestjunos).

According to the support matrix, MPLS is supported, though what you mention is not specifically mentioned. Have you tried packet-mode mpls?

'set security forwarding-options family mpls mode packet-based' should do it.