Options

YAY!! I Passed today

louzam2115louzam2115 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got a 743 on HW and today I got a 705 on the OS.

I was nervous because I did not know as many as the questions on the OS as I felt I should. Unfortuently my material did not go into much about NT by itself, but rather threw NT/2000/XP all together.

I had three questions about setting up dual boot computers and I forgot if the older version should be installed first or if the older version of windows should be installed first.

I went ahead and did the older version installed first, am I right?

Thanks to all the help from people here and the technotes.

A suggestion would be to know the differences between 9X and NT version. Including the boot up files and what specific file does.

I am not sure if I am going to do Net+ yet, because I know the objectives are chaning in May, and I do not think that is enough time to take the test. Does anyone know if there is going to be a grace period to where you can take the old objectives till a certain date?

Louis

Comments

• Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Congrats! icon_lol.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    msrobinmsrobin Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the good job!
    I went ahead and did the older version installed first, am I right?
    Yup.

It seems like at this time, if one wants to start studying for Network+, one should just study for the new exam. It 's only about 4 weeks away from availablity. Of course, if someone has a lot of network experience and wants to cram for two or three weeks on the old objectives, that person could probably do well on the exam--especially if they've just passed A+ exams. There is overlap in the knowledge required.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    louzam2115louzam2115 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I emailed Comptia about the grace period question I had last Time.

Do you think that comptia will stop offerening the old objectives effective immediately when the new ones come out?

For the A+ exams they had a grace period where you could take both.

Just wondering.

I will study the old objectives now anyways, it would not hurt.
  • Options
    entzillaentzilla Member Posts: 141
    CompTIA will stop offering the old objectives June 30th I believe. If not, it's some time at the end of June.
    CompTIA A+ Certified - July 5th, 2005
  • Options
    StarterStarter Member Posts: 169
    congratulations