Stupid question but im confused.

mallyg27mallyg27 Member Posts: 139
In the following diagram, How am I suppose to connect the three devices off ethernet. Am I suppose to use a switch coming off the routers ethernet( I'm sure a switch would of been in the diagram if that was the case) or am I suppose to connect a few ethernet interfaces to the router or am I suppose to do subinerfaces of the ethernet so I can connect the three devices. This is a frame relay lab out of the cisco press book ICND book that im trying to complete but this is just confusing me a little. Any help would be appreciated.

2shared - download IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0089.html

Comments

• odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yes you would use a switch if you don't have three ethernet ports on your routers. If you don't have a switch, you can make some loopbacks to simulate the PC's.

Only questions that are dumb, are the ones not asked.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The routers in the pic are connected to a frame relay cloud with serial interfaces. Read up on Frame Relay to understand this.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Netwurk wrote: »
    The routers in the pic are connected to a frame relay cloud with serial interfaces. Read up on Frame Relay to understand this.

+1 the DLCI gives it away.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness