Here we go

KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just scheduled my icnd1 test for aug 9, I'm already biting my nails.

I have gone through the cbt nuggets, I have a decent enough lab at home I am becoming confident in the practical CLI stuff, and I have been doing networking for about 10 years, though not at the complexity of what a CCNA might encounter.

My question is, I have access to a fairly extensive library via the Training Consortium license my employer purchased, what are some good texts to read to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks in advance,
Kory

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looking at the list after Googling Training Consortium, it would appear that your only choice there is "Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1." The ICND2, ARCH, SWITCH, etc. exams have different objectives and little if any material in common with the ICND1.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used Sybex CCENT book when I was studying for ICND1 along with CBT Nugget. Felt the 2 resources complemented each other well.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This website has helped a lot:
    Router Alley - Guides icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As of 8/9 I am now a CCENT! Thank you for the advice, just perusing this forum and looking at the questions from others helped so much. I felt extremely well prepared going into the test and was VERY happy with my score.

On to ICND2!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for listing the study material!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In addition to doing cbt nugs I went through the training consortium's icnd1 course, did all the supplemental labs, read both the sybex and cisco press icnd1 books, have a lab at home to experiment with, and did all of the packet tracer network labs that were relevant to icnd1, (only 3 I think) and I was still a nervous wreck going into the test.

Thankfully once I got about 10 questions in I was able transition my mindset from "OMG when is the awfulness going to start" to "Hey, I know this stuff"

Unfortunately I am back into intimidated as heck mode by the material in the ICND2 outline.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Good job, dude.

You'll enjoy the ICND2 material once you get into it. There's alot more hands on stuff to lab.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats Kory.....................
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congrats on the pass!
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats Kory hit that ICND2 material hard and you will be a proud CCNA in no time!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi