Android Tethering to home WIFI network

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
Hi

As title says I have an android phone on the 3 One Plan plus I also have 4 WIFI routers for my 6 PC's and 2 laptop's

I did have broadband from good old Richard but sadly I cannot continue to line his pockets with stupid amounts of money

Has anyone managed to teather there phone to a WIFI router, would connecting my phone via USB to a PC and then connect the same PC to the router which then enables all 4 router's to send out the internet signal

Any info would be great

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should be able to tether it to a PC, and then bridge the connection to your router. Since that PC isn't behind router, security should be a concern.

Not sure what features you have in the UK, but some of the phones here in the US can be used as wireless access point. I think it does cap out at 4 device, not sure though.
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Yep here in UK on Android devices it can give internet to up to 8 laptops/PC's

I would rather use the phone to give my network internet because at the moment I am having to disconnect from my phone to connect to one of my WIFI routers to get access to my media server

Any other info would be great