Quck question about exam format

bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
Hello all! I'm taking ICND1 on Tuesday, with ICND2 to follow shortly. I just got done taking my Boson test that came with the Odom book (scored 90%, so I feel pretty confident). On the practice test, there were many multiple choice/multiple answer questions, but they did not tell you how many answers to choose (left it open-ended). When I was in the Cisco Academy, any questions that were multiple answer actually told you how many to choose, which made it easier to pick out the ones which you considered more correct. Does the actual CCNA tell you how many to choose, or is it open-ended?

I know this seems like a nitpicking question, but I don't like surprises lol. If telling me this violates the NDA, then please just say so, as I wasn't sure.

Thanks,
Adam

Comments

• r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The open-ended style has changed, they say choose 2 or pick 3. I don't think this violates the NDA (and if it does I apologize), as I have seen this in books and in videos.

I'm pretty sure it is in the first video of the CBT Nuggets, where Jeremy explains this...
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • smashedpumpkinssmashedpumpkins Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Cisco Odom book specifically says in it that the test will tell you how many are correct. So no it doesn't violate anything to tell you. I had the same question too before I took the ICND1. You can also view Cisco's exam tutorial to see exactly how each type of question works.
    Fortune favors the brave.
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Cisco Odom book specifically says in it that the test will tell you how many are correct. So no it doesn't violate anything to tell you. I had the same question too before I took the ICND1. You can also view Cisco's exam tutorial to see exactly how each type of question works.

icon_thumright.gif
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Good deal guys, thanks a lot! I kind of figured, since the Cisco Academy classes are supposed to prepare you for the exam, but I just wanted to make sure before I took the plunge. +Rep icon_smile.gif